SEO, or Search Engine Optimisation is the practice of ensuring your website, posts, blog, or videos feature as high up on a Google, Bing or other search engine page as is possible.
The algorithm that the engines use is complex, and we don’t always know everything they are looking for, and they KEEP ON CHANGING. So, what can you do to stay ahead? Well, here are some tips for you:
- SEO TIP – Choose they keywords that describe what you are doing, and make the pages of your site all about those keywords. Don’t overdo it (they don’t like it) but if your page is effectively a sales pitch that mentions the key words well spaced throughout, and your key words are in the main heading, then you are off to a good start!
- SEO TIP – Search engines like to know what a page is about, so tell them! A page should have 300 words minimum, so that you page can be seen, and understood by search engines.
- SEO TIP – Use images, and make sure the image name is keyword rich and descriptive, and that any alt text (the words that replace an image if it can’t be shown for some reason) also contains key words.
- SEO TIP – Include keywords in your page titles, post titles, and video titles.
- SEO TIP – Remember to set your page description so that any search engine result will be easy to understand. If they find your page, and the description matches what they are looking for, then might just come you way!
So, there you go, a few tips for you to get your SEO scores up, and help those customers find you!